[PD] knowing if there's anything connected to an [inlet~] in a subpatch or abstraction

Alexandre Torres Porres porres at gmail.com
Tue Feb 24 18:08:33 CET 2015

hi, trying to make an abstraction here that loads a number argument into an
audio signal chain, but I'd like to update the argument to whatever is
coming from an [inlet~], but then I'd like to load back the argument
whenever there is no signal connected to this inlet.

The only way to do this is if I know wether there was something connected
to this inlet or not, and I believe that's impossible in a
subpatch/abstraction, right?

So, the only way out would be compiling a new object, huh?

thanks