[PD] Update cyclone maintenance

Alexandre Torres Porres porres at gmail.com
Tue Feb 24 18:35:33 CET 2015

> try loading the "hexloader" before accessing these objects, it might help.

Yep, now it loads them all, thanks.

So hmm, seems weird that it doesn't load on its own, but maybe I just wont
bother to follow up with all the tech issues. But anyway, I'd like to know
if there are any plans to get to a point where we could create these
objects without this workaround... is it?

So, getting back to the objects. From the 10 objects I pointed out (here
below)

[!-], [!-~], [!/], [!/~], [>~], [>=~], [<~], [<=~], [!=~] and [==~]

We do have in fact only 3 in zexy (<~, >~, ==~), but their behaviour
wouldn't count as proper max cloning, cause when you put a number argument
in it, it only takes number data into the second inlet, while in Max it
still allows an audio signal to come through.

I think it's important to avoid redundancies, but I guess you can't avoid
it if one is doing exact max clones of these 3 and the other 7 objects.

I made one abstraction here for [>=~], find it attached. It works fine here
in my computer even though it contains "weird and problematic" characters
in its name.

It doesn't work exactly like the max version though, cause that one works
with a number argument that is ignored whenever there's a signal coming
through (even if it is "0"). In order to do it like that, I guess you have
to compile it as an object. For that matter, I started another thread,
please check.

thanks

> PS: 0.42.5? wasn't that released 5 years ago,
> and superceded 2 years ago by 0.43.4?

PS response: Yeah, but I never adapted to 0.43.4, I felt it was buggy in a
few ways. By the way, one of the issues was that many of my patches didn't
work because of the [poltocar~] and [cartopol~] bug/problem I pointed out
in this thread about maintaining cyclone. Moreover, I have a quite dense
tutorial with over 200 examples now, and many of them used [cartopol~]...
other patches wouldn't work for other reasons.

I was expecting newer releases to fix this and other issues, but the
development stopped and died completely... so...

> it seems that Pd has a revolutionary fast
> development cycle

yeah, I beg to differ :)