[PD] knowing if there's anything connected to an [inlet~] in a subpatch or abstraction

Alexandros Drymonitis adrcki at gmail.com
Tue Feb 24 18:36:43 CET 2015

I think that even in the case of an external, it's difficult to know
whether there's a signal connected to a signal inlet, or not. I think Eric
Lyon's externals do what you want (maintain their signal inlet even if
they're provided with an argument), but haven't understood how he does that
(even though I've read his book about externals...).

Converting an inlet to a control inlet if there's an argument provided, is
quite easy, on the contrary.