[PD] Enable autopatch by default Pd-extended 0.43.4

IOhannes m zmölnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Thu Feb 26 19:45:17 CET 2015

On 02/26/2015 04:49 PM, Alexandros Drymonitis wrote:
> Strange... I know it's enabled by default on Vanilla, plus it's mentioned
> in the page you posted. But there's no -noautopatch to disable that
> feature, so what's the meaning of having this flag since it's there by
> default and you can't disable it?

i'm not sure i can follow that sentence. anyhow:

Pd-vanilla has autopatching enabled by default and you can disable it
globally with the "-noautopatch" flag.
Pd-vanilla 0.46 also has a "-autopatch" flag, that allows you to
globally (re)enable this feature (e.g. to override the "-noautopatch"
flag another you has put into your pd-settings).

Pd-extended has autpatching disabled (iirc due to user requests) but
allows to enable it on a per-window basis. Pd-extended also inherits all
startup flags from Pd-vanilla (so that's why you have a "-noautopatch"
flag to disable an already disabled feature).
obviously, Pd-extended only inherits the flags from the Pd-vanilla
version it is based on. Since Pd-vanilla 0.43 did not yet have the
"-autopatch" flag and nobody thought about adding one to Pd-extended, it
is missing.

btw, the FAQ explicitely mentions that the flags it lists are for
Pd-0.46-1; so it cannot be 100% applied to PdX-0.43

gfamdsr
IOhannes