[PD] Parse/split symbol by delimiters like - or _ ?

JF saintidle at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 1 20:03:01 CET 2015

Is it possible to split a formatted symbol such as...drums_1.wav
...to extract the float '1' and use that to assign a meaningful attribute?
For example a float could represent a loop playback switch.
if I have 'drums_0.wav' I would like to extract the float, find that itis '0' and then I would know that this WAV file is say, not to be looped.Or if I had 'drums_1.wav' I would be able to parse the filename, find the '1'which I now know to loop the WAV file.
Thanks in advance! John