[PD] Parse/split symbol by delimiters like - or _ ?

JF saintidle at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 1 21:21:15 CET 2015

Thanks Iohannes & Tim,

I would be interested in how to achieve this with [text]?

I've been playing with text for the first time today, I thought that the 'fields' were only whitespace separated.

if I had...
[text define longsymbols]

[symbol aaaa_bbbb (

[text set longsymbols]

...how would I then retrieve the 'aaaa' and 'bbbb' separately?

(Otherwise I will just use l2s/list2symbol)

Thanks! John