[PD] Gem render out of the screen (and v4l2loopback)

Olivier Baudu olivier at labomedia.net
Tue Mar 3 19:37:50 CET 2015

> Simon Wise wrote :
> but in very many use-cases not rendering content that is covered would
> be a good thing, and a big improvement to performance.

"It's not a bug, it's a feature" ;-)

> Cyrille Henry wrote :
> Gem prodive framebuffer rendering.
> have a look the gemframebuffer help : this object allow to render
> anything in a framebuffer, and use this framebuffer as a texture.
> pix_snap can get back the pixel etc.I didn't succeed

When I red your solution using framebuffer, Cyrille, I felt so sad...
I didn't understand why I didn't think about it before...

So I tried...
And I realized that my "out of the screen way" was a
two-years-ago-hack-solution I used because I wasn't able to pix_record
the output of the texture made by the framebuffer. (I was too lazy to
post on the list, I guess)

But you give me the solution...
I have to pix_snap it...

So, now, it works. :-)
And it's simpler...

So I'm happy.

Thanks a lot.

01ivier

---
"On ne peut pas vivre dans un monde où l'on croit que l'élégance exquise
du plumage de la pintade est inutile. Ceci est tout à fait à part. J'ai
eu envie de le dire, je l'ai dit." Jean Giono, Un roi sans
divertissement.