[PD] Updating Pd-Extended

Alexandre Torres Porres porres at gmail.com
Wed Mar 4 15:38:11 CET 2015

> It might work better to switch to a model of
> separately maintained libraries

I vouch for that as well as I've been suggesting it too. In a sense we
could make it very easy to install "extended libraries" into vanilla.

Not that I want to see the end of Pd-Extended, quite the opposite. But it
seems a few changes need to be made in order for it to become more open as
well and easier to maintain the fixes. Perhaps in a similar fashion than
the "extended vanilla" idea.

For example, the fixes that have already been made to the cyclone library,
why can't we see it being put into an update right away? And why can't we
download it and use it in Vanilla? It ain't right... the reasonable thing
is that the community could manage it faster by fixing it and making it
readily available for Extended and Vanilla.

Obviously I know there are issues involved that I cannot even begin to
grasp for making things the way they are, but this is my two cents anyway...

cheers

 seems that it is not To the contrary, but I find it particularly
problematic