[PD] Update cyclone maintenance

Fred Jan Kraan fjkraan at xs4all.nl
Thu Mar 5 19:23:24 CET 2015

Hi Alexandre,

> Hi, I have a question about upper case letters in the begining of some
> objects like [Uzi] and [Scope~] in cyclone. Why is that? In Pd it does
> make a difference by the way, not in Max.
>
> Anyway, if one would change that, old patches would need to be updated
> as well, which is a bummer, but even so I think it's preferable not to
> deal with knowing which objects need the upper case or not, and for no
> apparent particular reason. One way or another, I wonder why it
> happened, anyone?

Originally, the objects in Max/MSP had capitals, but that changed a long
time ago. Some time back (can't find it now) there was a discussion on
this at the list and the conclusion was that the objects should also be
available in lower case. Apparently this never happened.

When I find the discussion again, and the reasoning is still sound, I
could try to implement it.

Fred Jan