[PD] how to completely remove pd (vanilla/extended) on yosemite?

Alexandre Torres Porres porres at gmail.com
Sun Mar 8 19:32:02 CET 2015

hmm, tried everything... the thing is that I was using extended 42, then
tried 43 to check a few things and wanted to go back... and then when I
installed 43 it complained about not finding/loading pdip/pddp and a few
things. I believe that didn't happen for 0.42, but now that I'm back to 42
it's complaining it cant find these libraries anymore. I thought that
nuking everything and fresh re-installing 42 would make this error go away,
but it remains, here it is below in all its fullness.

*/Applications/Pd-extended.app/Contents/Resources/extra/pdp/pdp.pd_darwin:
dlopen(/Applications/Pd-extended.app/Contents/Resources/extra/pdp/pdp.pd_darwin,
10): Library not loaded: /usr/X11R6/lib/libX11.6.dylib*
*  Referenced from:
/Applications/Pd-extended.app/Contents/Resources/extra/pdp/pdp.pd_darwin*
*  Reason: image not found*
*pdp: can't load library*
*/Applications/Pd-extended.app/Contents/Resources/extra/pidip/pidip.pd_darwin:
dlopen(/Applications/Pd-extended.app/Contents/Resources/extra/pidip/pidip.pd_darwin,
10): Library not loaded: /usr/X11R6/lib/libX11.6.dylib*
*  Referenced from:
/Applications/Pd-extended.app/Contents/Resources/extra/pidip/pidip.pd_darwin*
*  Reason: image not found*
*pidip: can't load library*

I might be wrong, but I don't believe this did appear before, and now it's
here forever. Thoughts?

cheers