[PD] how to completely remove pd (vanilla/extended) on yosemite?

IOhannes m zmölnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Sun Mar 8 21:10:41 CET 2015

On 03/08/2015 07:32 PM, Alexandre Torres Porres wrote:
> things. I believe that didn't happen for 0.42, but now that I'm back to 42
> it's complaining it cant find these libraries anymore. I thought that
> nuking everything and fresh re-installing 42 would make this error go away,
> but it remains, here it is below in all its fullness.
>
> */Applications/Pd-extended.app/Contents/Resources/extra/pdp/pdp.pd_darwin:
> dlopen(/Applications/Pd-extended.app/Contents/Resources/extra/pdp/pdp.pd_darwin,
> 10): Library not loaded: /usr/X11R6/lib/libX11.6.dylib*

wild guess: could it be that you are confusing "updating PdX-0.42 to
PdX-0.43" with "upgrading OSX to yosemite and updating PdX-0.42 to
PdX-0.43"?

iirc, PdX (at least versions befor the French revolution) always tried
to load dozens of externals, including pdp.
now pdp *always* requires X11 to be installed (e.g. as
/usr/X11R6/lib/libX11.6.dylib).

now if suddenly pdp cannot be loaded anymore because it is missing
/usr/X11R6/lib/libX11.6.dylib, then the problem might be that you are
now running PdX in a different environment (e.g. yosemite) that simply
lacks an X11 installation.

gfmadsr
IOhannes