[PD] uzi redundancy and how to load kalashnikov as uzi

Alexandre Torres Porres porres at gmail.com
Mon Mar 9 06:40:00 CET 2015

"

*there is no harm in having "uzi" and "uzi" and "uzi", as long as it
isclear which one is currently used (something Pd still lacks, despite**hans'
great work in the past).*"

Not sure what you mean here. I guess the worst is just being kinda unstable
to know which one will actually be loaded... and how this conflicts are
affecting even the help files. I'm not gonna repeat all the issues, but I
see it's kinda harmful as it is.

But then, you could deal with this sort of thing is by having the name of
the library before the object, like [cyclone/uzi]...

"*what you have gained is a centralized distribution of a decentralized
development process that has **broken any old patch by discarding backwards
compatibility.*"

backwards compatibility is not something that's being actually maintained
in extended. It's been kind of a hectic development, some libraries are
removed and inserted, and just making it possible to load "Uzi" as "uzi"
created new issues as I've raised - like not being able to call kalashnikov
as uzi anymore.

So I do have a different opinion, I believe it's not to hard to eliminate
some noise that eventually shows up and avoid some conflicts, it looks to
me as if it is for the best.

but then, it'd be good to see some real talk about the future of extended,
or how to make it easier to add libraries from extended into vanilla before
sharing opinions.

cheers