[PD] GEM Motion Capture

Joshua Curley joshua.curley.1 at outlook.com
Wed Mar 11 20:45:05 CET 2015

Hello!

I am new to Puredata extended.

I wanted to set up a motion control patch and I found a few online to try out.  I used these patches.
https://sites.google.com/site/skriyl/Home/pd-projects <https://sites.google.com/site/skriyl/Home/pd-projects>

For some reason I am getting this red error message when I try to “create.”

could not make new SG channnel error -9405
[pix_video]: no valid video backend found

I am using GEM: ver: 0.93.3 and Pd version 0.43.4-extended.

I also am using the latest updated from Apple: Yosemite

If anyone has any tips or advice for working my way around this problem it would be greatly appreciate.  My goal ultimately is to use motion capture and sound generation to do live sound mashing using motion from ym webcam.

Thanks

Josh