[PD] [GEM] Latest OS X version working with GEM

me.grimm megrimm at gmail.com
Thu Mar 12 16:47:53 CET 2015

we have a great start here with what you have so far dan! thanks!

i wrote a quick guide for people that might have coding skills, might want
to chip in to the effort, and have an interest in pd. students?

https://github.com/megrimm/Gem/wiki/Getting-Started:-Working-on-native-64-bit-OSX-Plugins

i have not followed this myself but compiled it from note and memory so if
anyone catches something wrong let me know...

On Thu, Mar 12, 2015 at 11:10 AM, Dan Wilcox <danomatika at gmail.com> wrote:

> The plan so far seems to be "hope somebody will update GEM with the new OS
> X frameworks". Obviously that hasn't happened.
>
> I feel a little guilty in having started working on it last year but then
> it became low priority with work and everything else pretty quickly. I
> simply don't use GEM that much to where it was super important to me.
>
> OTOH I'll look to see (aka ask friends at institutions) if I can find some
> funding to support working on it, probably in the summer That would be
> worth my time (aka I don't have to do it for free). I've worked with the
> native Mac stuff now for a few years so I have a pretty good understanding
> of them now.
>
> From: Jaime E Oliver <jaime.oliver2 at gmail.com>
>> To: "IOhannes zmölnig" <zmoelnig at iem.at>
>> Cc: pd-list at lists.iem.at
>> Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2015 08:57:39 -0400
>> Subject: [PD] [GEM] Latest OS X version working with GEM
>> Well, it's good to know for teaching…
>> So I wonder what is the plan to keep compatibility with OS X moving
>> forward...
>> Thanks!
>>
>> On Mar 12, 2015, at 1:39 AM, IOhannes zmölnig <zmoelnig at iem.at> wrote:
>> >>

>> > I have mavericks installation that appears to work fine, but i'm no
>> expert in the shallow depths of osx
>> >
>> > mfg.ugd.fhj
>> > IOhannes
>> >
>> > --