[PD] Pd performance relationship to CPU model

Samuel Burt composer.samuel.burt at gmail.com
Fri Mar 13 14:08:27 CET 2015

I had watched the CPU numbers drop on portable Mac computers for some time
with frustration. At first, my friends said the extra cores will give me
more performance. Pd isn't multi-threaded! Then Intel started the
auto-overclock trend. Does Pd cause a CPU to run at its maximum speed now?
If I were to get a computer that is 1.8/2.6, is it only going to run at
1.8? Can I get Gem to run on a second core with pd~? These are all unclear
issues for me and always delay me when I'm considering an "upgrade".