[PD] Pd-list Digest, Vol 120, Issue 88

Jonathan Wilkes jancsika at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 29 16:54:22 CEST 2015

On 03/27/2015 02:55 PM, Dan Wilcox wrote:
> You know, those could be added to libpd …

Do you mean as they currently exist in Pd-Vanilla?  Unless you're
hooking them to tcl/tk I think that'd be of limited value.

My replacement API probably needs a few passes, though.  Right now it
looks like this:

gui_vmess("some_javascript_function_name", "sfiis", "c-string", 98.6,
42, 42, "etc.");

Looking at it now, it seems wrong.  Maybe the format string should come
first, and that function name
should just be the next string arg after that.  An alternative would be
for the first arg to be a pointer to
a Pd.  (But then you'd have to send a 0 or dummy object for messages to
the running Pd instance.)

One caveat is "s" here is a c-string and not a t_symbol* as it is in
pd_vmess.  Also, I'd like to add a
char to the format string for hex strings that representing objects, but
I'm not sure if that should be
"x" or "p".

-Jonathan