[PD] wiimote motionplus with low_speed gives always 1 1 1

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Tue Mar 31 09:17:07 CEST 2015

hi,

first of all, i'm surprised that it still works...the wii support on
linux has changed considerably since libcwiid (on which [wiimote]
relies) has been written.
actually, libcwiid is considered dead [1], so i think that [wiimote]
should be re-implemented (as an abstraction building on [hid]).

On 2015-03-30 22:24, Jonghyun Kim wrote:
> update:
>
> I have some change, and now "low_speed" gives me "1 or 0"
>
> However it seems not correct...

i think it looks fine.
AFAIR (but keep in mind that it has been a *long* time), the "low_speed"
message gives you a boolean value (1 or 0), whether the "angle_rate
values" should be interpreted as high-speed or low-speed. since i
haven't found any documentation what "high-speed" vs "low-speed"
actually means in hard numbers, this has been exposed to the patch.

fgmasdr
IOhannes

[1] https://github.com/abstrakraft/cwiid/issues/20