[PD] How to navigate a long sound file in vanilla PD

Joe White white.joe4 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 31 11:37:36 CEST 2015

(Disclaimer this is geared more towards iOS)

 I would use the CoreAudio framework to decompress files read from disk in
chunks into a defined buffer in your Pd patch. And then create a transport
control system for managing playback and updating of your internal buffer.

In my opinion this would be a fair bit of work to implement. Maybe there
are other ways to do it, but I wouldn't say the task is simple.

Cheers,
Joe

Follow me on Twitter @diplojocus