[PD] working simultaneously on the same patch from two different places in the universe....

Jonathan Wilkes jancsika at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 1 02:08:10 CEST 2015

I believe somebody did work on a system that allowed multi-user patch editing.  Hopefully someone else on the list has a link.
The difficulty is that Pd's code assumes the input is coming from a single user.  There's no way for the input methods to differentiate input from separate users.  And even if you fixed that, things like dragging array points happen by setting _global_ variables for callbacks.  So if you drag on one array while I happen to be dragging on another (or doing anything else for that matter), we'll end up messing with each other's interaction with the patch.
-Jonathan