[PD] Converting colours to sound

Antonio Roberts antonio at hellocatfood.com
Sun Apr 5 16:51:37 CEST 2015

I've been studying the work of Neil Harbisson for awhile and I'm
looking to try and replicate in part the functionality of his eyeborg
using Pure Data. I have already built a simple patch to convert pixels
to sound but now I want to expand on it. Here's my initial research:
http://www.hellocatfood.com/sonification-studiespixel-waves/

Colours don't directly relate to sound and so Harbisson and others
must use a scale to assign colours to sounds. Some initial research
brought these up:

http://blogs.plos.org/neuroanthropology/files/2014/03/Harbisson-The-Sound-of-Colors-TED.jpg
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-16681630
http://www.lunarplanner.com/Harmonics/planetary-harmonics.html
http://www.flutopedia.com/sound_color.htm

Can anyone think of a way to translate this into pd? In the end I
would like to be able to display a block of colour on screen and have
that generate a specific note.

Any help is appreciated.

Antonio

--