[PD] [PD-announce] Egregore - source | software edition

Cyrille Henry ch at chnry.net
Sat Apr 11 12:10:45 CEST 2015

hello,

the 1st version of this software was using 377 [curve 4] objects. only a powerful computer was able to render everything at 50fps.
in order to optimize rendering, we choose to use vertexbuffer.
vertexbuffer are very efficient for the rendering but position of all points have to be computed in the cpu
since [curve] is computing a besier interpolation, we had to reproduce it.
so, we made an external that get a table as data input and compute a table for all points to be send to the vertexbuffer.
this object deal with the besier interpolation, memory of all point previous position etc.
This object is very specific to this project, that's why it has no documentation and it's not shared in pd externals svn.
everything was made with native Gem object, this object is just a way to optimised for older computer.

cheers