[PD] examples of classic Sample and Hold

i go bananas hard.off at gmail.com
Thu Apr 16 07:49:56 CEST 2015

for sample-and-hold, as it is usually implemented for pitch in a synth, you
actually don't even NEED to use the samphold~ object!  you can just use a
metro to simulate the clock, and then a random to simulate the noise input
(that's what was usually used for synth sample and hold madness).

[metro 125]

[random 5000]

[/ 100]

[+ 40]

[mtof]

[phasor~]

[*~ 2]

[-~ 1]

likewise, you can use the same process for sample and hold on a filter by
just adding a short [line~ 10] after the [mtof] and feeding that into the
2nd inlet of [vcf~]

or of course, you could run one process on the pitch and another on the
filter, but just make sure to use a slightly different random number base
to make them independent,