[PD] [OT]: Gitorious closing down.. alternatives, suggetions, experiences

Lorenzo Sutton lorenzofsutton at gmail.com
Thu Apr 16 13:15:45 CEST 2015

Some of you may be aware that gitorious.org is closing down as it's been
acquired by Gitlab.com

As I had a few things (including Pd-related e.g. Granita) on there I
tried migrating to Gitlab with their automatic migration tool, which
seems to have screwed committers (i.e. adding a totally unrelated user
who only shares my first name (!))

My motive to use gitorious was: a) open source b) essential, no thrills
and just worked.

I've also used Bitbucket lately and it's really nice.

So what are people using these days?
Anyone also having to migrate from Gitorious? If so what do they think?
Just use GitHub which 'everyone else' (TM) uses and forget it?

Given that even with the 'migration' tool working (and it seems it's not
properly), migration is always a bit of a PITA (e.g. links pointing to
Gitorious potentially broken..) I might consider something else

Thaks for any ideas sharing and hope even if way off-topic this might be
of interst to other Pd-ers.

Lorenzo.