[PD] Gem+v4l2loopback (was Re: pdp_vloopback ?)

Antoine Villeret antoine.villeret at gmail.com
Wed Apr 22 16:14:54 CEST 2015

Hi,

the Iohannes' instructions are still relevant but there are few things you
might pay attention to :
- be sure you belong to "video" group, if you got an error like
"[pix_record] : can't open /dev/video1" this could be the issue (if
/dev/video1 exists of course)
- set and start the capture *before* setting the device capture. The
v4l2device is undefined (nor a capture or a tuner device) until you send
the first frame to it.

here is attached a sample patch that works with current Gem from git.

best

antoine