[PD] update Pd on Odroid-U3 running on Debian Jessy

Simon Wise simonzwise at gmail.com
Fri Apr 24 11:37:43 CEST 2015

On 24/04/15 00:08, Alexandros Drymonitis wrote:
> I've installed Pd with apt-get on an Odroid-U3 running on Debian Jessy, but
> I want to update it, as the Debian repositories now have Pd-0.46-2 and I
> have Pd-0.46-0.
> I did "apt-get update" and then "apt-get install puredata" but got these
> errors:
>
> dpkg: error processing package jackd2 (--configure):
>   dependency problems - leaving unconfigured
> dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of gconf2:
>   gconf2 depends on python:any.
>
> dpkg: error processing package gconf2 (--configure):
>   dependency problems - leaving unconfigured
> dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of
> gstreamer0.10-gconf:armhf:
>   gstreamer0.10-gconf:armhf depends on gconf2 (>= 2.28.1-2); however:
>    Package gconf2 is not configured yet.
>
> dpkg: error processing package gstreamer0.10-gconf:armhf (--configure):
>   dependency problems - leaving unconfigured
> dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of
> gstreamer0.10-plugins-good:armhf:
>   gstreamer0.10-plugins-good:armhf depends on gstreamer0.10-gconf; however:
>    Package gstreamer0.10-gconf:armhf is not configured yet.
>
> dpkg: error processing package gstreamer0.10-plugins-good:armhf
> (--configure):
>   dependency problems - leaving unconfigured
> dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of jackd:
>   jackd depends on jackd2 | jackd1; however:
>    Package jackd2 is not configured yet.
>    Package jackd1 is not installed.
>
> dpkg: error processing package jackd (--configure):
>   dependency problems - leaving unconfigured
> dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of python-numpy:
>   python-numpy depends on python2.7:any.
>
> dpkg: error processing package python-numpy (--configure):
>   dependency problems - leaving unconfigured
> dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of python-gtk2:
>   python-gtk2 depends on python-numpy (>= 1:1.8.0); however:
>    Package python-numpy is not configured yet.
>   python-gtk2 depends on python-numpy-abi9; however:
>    Package python-numpy-abi9 is not installed.
>    Package python-numpy which provides python-numpy-abi9 is not configured
> yet.
>
> dpkg: error processing package python-gtk2 (--configure):
>   dependency problems - leaving unconfigured
> dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of jack-mixer:
>   jack-mixer depends on jackd; however:
>    Package jackd is not configured yet.
>   jack-mixer depends on python-gtk2; however:
>    Package python-gtk2 is not configured yet.
>   jack-mixer depends on gconf2 (>= 2.28.1-2); however:
>    Package gconf2 is not configured yet.
>
> dpkg: error processing package jack-mixer (--configure):
>   dependency problems - leaving unconfigured
> dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of jack-stdio:
>   jack-stdio depends on jackd; however:
>    Package jackd is not configured yet.
>
> dpkg: error processing package jack-stdio (--configure):
>   dependency problems - leaving unconfigured
> dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of jack-tools:
> [...]

it seems that gconf2 and python are the issue, that jackd2 depends on gstreamer
then the version you have depends on gconf and it depends on python but you do
not have python.

did you upgrade to jessie from an earlier debian?

perhaps try to install python, then gconf2 before trying again with puredata.

perhaps look at gstreamer and see if it is possible to install it without
gconf2, since gstreamer0.10-gconf:armhf is the one that depends on gconf2

perhaps try changing to jackd1, it may not have the same dependencies

Simon

PS

Debian have made a huge switch to using systemd, essentially shifting their
attention to supporting the current standard desktop distributions ... yet
somehow they managed to release jessie with a much shorter freeze than last time
.... I certainly hope they have been as careful as in the past, especially
regarding configurations outside that standard desktop distribution model.

I have used sid for many years, but stopped upgrading a while ago and have
avoided moving to jessie so far since I often want to set up headless systems,
or stand-alone devices that just start the minimal services required, and I have
been very frustrated by recent distributions using the systemd, gconf etc ...
with the new Debian it is going to get harder and harder to avoid the big,
cumbersome gnome and systemd stuff as more and more packages get built depending
on it.

I will probably install devuan, but for a while now most of my systems currently
run what is now oldstable with the stuff I want recent versions of compiled locally.