[PD] Gem+v4l2loopback

Mario Mey mariomey at gmail.com
Fri Apr 24 13:26:57 CEST 2015

El 23/04/15 a las 16:21, IOhannes m zmölnig escibió:
>> After some tests (including using gst-launch0.10)... I realized that I
>> was wrong. Blender and VLC can read from /dev/video1 without activating
>> it on Pd.
> unfortunately i don't know what you mean exactly with "activating".
Sorry my english. I meant using the device first in Pd. I used that word
because... never mind.

>> I didn't know I had gstreamer installed on the system. I have 1.0 and 0.10.
> i was referring to the version of v4l2loopback.
> sorry for the confusion.
I downloaded v4l2loopback from git, some days ago
(https://github.com/umlaeute/v4l2loopback). I don't know how to know the
version, but I think it is 0.8.0....?

What about the freeze? This is what I do:
- Open the file (from Antoine Villeret)
- Create gemwin
- Click on [device /dev/video1(
- Close the patch -> FREEZE (have to kill it)

Is there a step by step to close the patch without freezing?

Ubuntu 14.04, Pd 0.44.0-extended-20130808