[PD] Gem server and client solution

Charles Z Henry czhenry at gmail.com
Mon Apr 27 18:26:00 CEST 2015

I'm interested in your project--I hadn't considered Gem to serve out
video to each display of a video wall.  I have been working on setting
up a SAGE cluster (scalable adaptive graphics environment) to setup a
video wall.

SAGE provides a VNC client plugin that runs on the head node in the
cluster and handles breaking up the displays and sending data over the
network.  My plan is to have a high-res desktop from a VNC server
instance on my laptop displayed on the wall.  This approach would let
me run any media on the laptop I can, with another process handling
the synchronization and network traffic.

Not sure about the VNC plugin yet (haven't gotten to it yet).  I hope
that I can re-compile with TurboVNC to make good use of compression on
such large sizes.

Chuck