[PD] update Pd on Odroid-U3 running on Debian Jessy

Simon Wise simonzwise at gmail.com
Tue Apr 28 03:52:26 CEST 2015

On 28/04/15 00:31, Alexandros Drymonitis wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 24, 2015 at 12:37 PM, Simon Wise<simonzwise at gmail.com>  wrote:
>
>> it seems that gconf2 and python are the issue, that jackd2 depends on
>> gstreamer then the version you have depends on gconf and it depends on
>> python but you do not have python.
>>
> I did install python, but then running "sudo apt-get install puredata"
> yields:
>
> puredata is already the newest version.
> The following packages were automatically installed and are no longer
> required:
>    alsa-utils libfftw3-3 libjson0 libreadline5
> Use 'apt-get autoremove' to remove them.
> 0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 556 not upgraded.
>
> Though "/usr/bin/pd -version" yields:
> Pd-0.46.0 ("") compiled 15:53:57 Aug 29 2014
>
> I though that the Debian Jessie repositories have Pd-0.46-2, or am I wrong?

apt-show-versions -a puredata

before an update ...

puredata 0.43.2-5    stable          ftp.iinet.net.au
puredata 0.46.2-1    testing         ftp.iinet.net.au
puredata 0.46.2-1    sid             ftp.iinet.net.au

after an update ...

puredata 0.43.2-5    wheezy          ftp.iinet.net.au
puredata 0.46.2-1    jessie          ftp.iinet.net.au
puredata 0.46.2-1    testing         ftp.iinet.net.au
puredata 0.46.2-1    testing         ftp.iinet.net.au
puredata 0.46.2-1    sid             ftp.iinet.net.au

but no stable is currently shown

it may be that debian is in the middle of switching stable to jessie, so
the repositories are being renamed in stages? maybe your update was done at one
of these transition moments?

anyway it looks like jessie still has 0.46.2-1, but maybe it wasn't included
in your update? try update again and make sure jessie is the target in apt since
sid will be changing quite a lot in the next month or so and testing
will be gradually filled with the new base system.

Simon