[PD] update Pd on Odroid-U3 running on Debian Jessy

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Tue Apr 28 09:23:48 CEST 2015

On 2015-04-28 03:52, Simon Wise wrote:
> On 28/04/15 00:31, Alexandros Drymonitis wrote:
>> I though that the Debian Jessie repositories have Pd-0.46-2, or am I
>> wrong?

no, you are right: the authorative page shows 0.46.2-1

  https://packages.debian.org/jessie/puredata

> but no stable is currently shown
>
> it may be that debian is in the middle of switching stable to jessie, so
> the repositories are being renamed in stages? maybe your update was done
> at one of these transition moments?

i don't know the reason why "stable" is missing from your list.
however: Debian/jessie has been released as stable 2 days ago. so yes,
there are some major changes going on right now.
otoh, "stable", "testing" and "unstable" are implemented as symlinks to
the codenamed repositories: "jessie" has been available for a few years
(as "testing"), making it "stable" requires no copying at all and should
be handled in the blink of an eye ;-)

> anyway it looks like jessie still has 0.46.2-1

jessie ships with 0.46.2-1, and will always do.
around 2014-11-06, jessie entered "frozen", which means that after that
no newer package versions could have entered Debian/jessie. miller
released pd-0.46-3 around 2014-12-10, so that was definitely too late
for inclusion.

fgmas
IOhannes