[PD] changing background color on pd-0.46.6

IOhannes m zmölnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Sat May 2 21:10:08 CEST 2015

On 05/02/2015 07:24 PM, Jonghyun Kim wrote:
> hi list,
>
> I wanna change the background color of Pd. The default is white, but I
> wanna change it to black, and font color to white. (invert color for my
> eyes)
>
> First attempt:
> http://lists.puredata.info/pipermail/pd-list/2006-11/044399.html

9 years old, things have changed a lot.

> I've read this, but there is no *pd.tk*, neither *u_main.tk* in src.
>
> Second attempt:
> In pd-gui.tcl file, I change this white to black. But no luck.
> option add *PatchWindow*Canvas.background "white" startupFile

the way to go these days is by using a gui-plugin, rather than modifying
the source-code.

https://puredata.info/docs/guiplugins/

e.g. here's a simple example that does something similar to what you want:

https://svn.code.sf.net/p/pure-data/svn/trunk/scripts/guiplugins/simple_examples/editmode_background_color-plugin.tcl

mgfdsr
IOhannes