[PD] help patch translations

Jonathan Wilkes jancsika at yahoo.com
Sun May 3 00:10:01 CEST 2015

On 05/02/2015 10:07 AM, Dan Wilcox wrote:
> What probably makes sense in the long run is for objects to have two
> names: internal name (aka current english name) and a display name
> (translated). I think that’s how Scratch
> <https://scratch.mit.edu> does it, as all of their building blocks are
> translated in other languages too. We sat down with one of my German
> nephews and showed him scratch. The UI was in German *and* the objects
> were all in German too, which worked really nicely.

Yes, I'm curious how much of a pain point it is for users like him. I
can think of two general categories:
1) people who don't speak English whose main language has an alphabet
that's a superset of the English alphabet
2) people who don't speak English and read a separate alphabet than the
English one

So if anyone else has user stories that fit one of those categories, I'd
like to hear about them.

-Jonathan