[PD] [PD-announce] WebPd 0.3.0 released

s p sebpiq at gmail.com
Tue May 5 09:50:29 CEST 2015

@Billy : sequencing your audio using JavaScript timers is the wrong
approach. Web Audio provides an API that allows exact scheduling of the
sound. Then you can use it also to fire callbacks which will allow you to
update your graphics. These callbacks will be fired at slightly inexact
times compared to audio, but they will globally stay in sync with audio
sometimes slightly before, sometimes slightly after. Here is an example
from a small library for scheduling things in Web Audio I have written :
http://sebpiq.github.io/WAAClock/demos/beatSequence.html So what you are
talking about is not really a problem.

About WebPd, the scheduling and metro are not so great at the moment, but
when I'll have optimized it, you will be able to drive graphics and GUI
changes from a metro or any [send bla] object like this :
"Pd.receive('bla', updateUI)"

*Sébastien Piquemal*

 -----* @sebpiq*
 ----- http://github.com/sebpiq