[PD] pure data benchmark?

martin brinkmann mnb at martin-brinkmann.de
Wed May 6 11:03:21 CEST 2015

On 05/05/15 20:48, katja wrote:

> - it runs with pd vanilla or extended
> - it has a realistic mixture of dsp objects

but i think it lacks some message-processing, and maybe
memory-access.

> http://www.katjaas.nl/doubleprecision/doubleprecision.html

i have just tested 10 instances of chaosmonster on my desktop
(core2 duo e8400 3 ghz) and got about 33 percent cpu usage by the
pd process. (with gui though)

> default samplerate, while Raspberry Pi 2 can run five (!) instances of
> it, and my 1 GHz Core2Duo laptop can run eight instances.

i have not tested the pi2 myself yet, but that sounds very good.
it might be a good platform for building some standalone pd-instruments...

bis denn!
	martin