[PD] olimex board

Raphaël Ilias phae.ilias at gmail.com
Wed May 13 14:56:28 CEST 2015

Hi !

Just to inform you that I'm currently experimenting with Olimex's
development boards, this might interest some people here (i am not doing
any advertising at all) who are into "mobile puredata"

the set-up i use consists of
- Olimex's A20-OLinuXino-LIME board (dual core Cortex-A7)
- with their own Debian distribution
- cheap USB audio interface : "Terratec Aureon Dual USB"
- pd-extended 0.43-4
- patching through VNC (and through Wi-Fi)

And it works.
..not as fast as on my laptop, of course, but I can run patches ok.
yet, the GUI is indeed quite slow (especially opening a patch)

However, I have a few troubles, but it might not be the right place to
ask...
I am newbie to debian, so I couldn't setup jack at all. I'm using alsa but
I get the error at startup :
"ALSA output error (restart failed): Broken pipe"
(and also sometimes when opening patche, I get a bunch of these and DSP get
stuck, i need to turn OFF and ON again pd's DSP to get audio back.)

Searching the archive, I saw that some people got the same problem and
resolved it by suspending/de-installing pulseaudio.
But it seems that pulseaudio isn't installed here.
Maybe someone has got a clue, where to search...? (i know this is very
specific problem !)

all best,

Raphaël