[PD] [osc parse] & [route]

Joel Corelitz joel at waveplantstudios.com
Thu May 14 05:45:11 CEST 2015

Hi All! I’m new Here.

I came across a thread from a few months ago that discussed this issue, so hopefully this isn’t too much of a re-tread.  Sounded like this was a known “feature” with some workarounds but no clear-cut solution.

I’m trying to route OSC messages, formatted as lists using Pd Vanilla:

[netreceive -u -b 8024]

[oscparse]

[list trim]

I see my list in the Pd window when the result is sent to [print], but when I [route] by the first number, nothing passes through.
I’m able to route everything I need to in Max this way so some of this is admittedly due to not understanding the different ways Pd handles the data.

Any help / workarounds are much appreciated!

-Joel