[PD] [osc parse] & [route]

Chris McCormick chris at mccormick.cx
Thu May 14 06:56:14 CEST 2015

Hi Joel,

On 14/05/15 11:45, Joel Corelitz wrote:
> I’m able to route everything I need to in Max this way so some of this
> is admittedly due to not understanding the different ways Pd handles the
> data.

It's super annoying, but what is actually coming from oscparse is a
"symbol" not a float. In Pd there is currently no way to re-cast a
symbol-float atom back to what it looks like, so instead you'll have to
manually create one of these "symbol" floats to compare against, which
you can do with a message through makefilename like this:

[42(

[makefilename %d]

into the right inlet of your 'route'.

This will route on the "symbol" 42.

I submitted a patch to Miller to allow [f] to cast those symbol-floats
back to floats (since there are now 3 different ways to accidentally or
purposely create a symbol-float) a while back but I think he thinks
there is a better way of handling this situation.

Cheers,

Chris.

--
http://mccormick.cx/