[PD] Granular Synthesis for Pd Eurorack Module

Chris Clepper cgclepper at gmail.com
Mon May 18 17:57:52 CEST 2015

For messing around the UDOO is fine, but totally unsuitable for
incorporating in a manufactured audio product.  The Pd part is easy, the
hardware is incredibly difficult.

I actually design Eurorack modules with Tiptop Audio as my day job, and can
tell you that making a module using an advanced ARM chip is no easy task.
The Nebulae is a quick, dirty hack and it has many issues.  Design from the
ground up around an A9 or similar chip requires very advanced tools (we pay
a huge annual sum for high end layout software) and about 10 years of mixed
signal PCB design experience.  Keeping the audio clean would take multiple
revisions of a 10-12 layer board and you would need to make a Eurorack
power supply that can handle the current of the digital parts.

It would take well into 6 figures to get a fully functional production
ready prototype.

On Mon, May 18, 2015 at 11:42 AM, Pagano, Patrick <pat at digitalworlds.ufl.edu