[PD] pd-extended/pd-l2ork not loading pngs

Antonio Roberts antonio at hellocatfood.com
Tue May 19 21:58:08 CEST 2015

> please try to trim down the problem to a minimal patch.
> in your case, that would be a patch that loads Gem (if it is not
> automatically loaded by your preferences, startup-scripts,...), and
> contains the objects [gemwin], [gemhead] and [pix_image] (properly
> connected), so that you can start rendering and click on a msgbox to
> (try to) load an image.
Attached is a very simple patch to open an image. The image I tried to
load is from here
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/9a/PNG_transparency_demonstration_2.png

The error I got in the terminal was:
/home/hellocatfood/Desktop/test2.png: Not a TIFF or MDI file, bad
magic number 20617 (0x5089)

In the pd console: [pix_image]: failed to load image
'/home/hellocatfood/Desktop/test2.png'

I tried lots of other pngs from many different sources and got the
same result each time.