[PD] pd-extended/pd-l2ork not loading pngs

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Wed May 20 09:19:43 CEST 2015

On 2015-05-19 22:02, Antonio Roberts wrote:

> That returned the follwing:
>
> libMagick++.so.5 => not found
> libMagickCore.so.5 => not found

[...]
> libmagick++-6.q16-5 and similar packages are installed and I'm presume
> these replace previous versions.

that's what i feared.

> If recompiling is the only option can you give me any advice on doing this?

actually, the simplest solution is to isntall the Gem version that comes
with vivid, and use that.

$ sudo apt-get install gem

now you only have to make Pd-extended pick that version rather than the
one that is included with PdX.
i *guess* that just removing the included 'Gem' folder will work:

$ cd /usr/lib/pd-extended/extra/
$ sudo mv Gem Gem.bak

i don't know whether this works with Pd-l2ork, just give it a try.

fgmasdr
IOhannes