[PD] olimex board

Winfried Ritsch ritsch at iem.at
Fri May 22 12:44:08 CEST 2015

just to add my experience.

I am now running some Olimex A10-Lime with amplifier boards on a sound
installation and it works quite stable.

Test-board see:

 http://puredata.info/docs/embedded/olinuxino/algo_a10board_05_cut.jpg/v
iew

I compiled jackd myself excluding dbus service so it worked, but did not get
a better performance so I use pd with ALSA directly.

mfg
 winfried

Am Mittwoch, 13. Mai 2015, 14:56:28 schrieb Raphaël Ilias:
> Hi !
>
> Just to inform you that I'm currently experimenting with Olimex's
> development boards, this might interest some people here (i am not
doing
> any advertising at all) who are into "mobile puredata"
>
> the set-up i use consists of
> - Olimex's A20-OLinuXino-LIME board (dual core Cortex-A7)
> - with their own Debian distribution
> - cheap USB audio interface : "Terratec Aureon Dual USB"
> - pd-extended 0.43-4
> - patching through VNC (and through Wi-Fi)
>
> And it works.
> ..not as fast as on my laptop, of course, but I can run patches ok.
> yet, the GUI is indeed quite slow (especially opening a patch)
>
> However, I have a few troubles, but it might not be the right place to
> ask...
> I am newbie to debian, so I couldn't setup jack at all. I'm using alsa but
> I get the error at startup :
> "ALSA output error (restart failed): Broken pipe"
> (and also sometimes when opening patche, I get a bunch of these and
DSP get

--
---
Ritsch, Winfried, Ao.Univ.Prof. Dipl.-Ing.
E-Mail 	ritsch at iem.at
Homepage 	http://iem.at/ritsch
Mobil 	++436642439369
---