[PD] [data structures] array within an array, pd draw window scale/background canvas colour...

jamal crawford threen52 at ml1.net
Sun May 24 14:29:37 CEST 2015

hey List

0.
I try to create an rarray within an array, but every time I try to type
[struct array arrayWithin arrayWithin-template] in arrays template (both
before and after creation a template for arrayWithin), pd crashes. It
seems like I lack some basic order rules for creating templates. Can
anybody point me to where to look? I use 5.array.pd patch in docs, if
anybody could tweak it to work, i'd send you nice organic coffee
beans/wine, whereever you reside :-)

1.
Is it possible to change the drawing layer order in the drawing window,
it seems like the last drawn object always appears on top. My idea was
to create a drawpolygon to be the canvas behind the drawing. Or is there
another way to do it?

2.
Is it possible to dynamically change the scaling of drawing window as
you do in properties with X and Y units from within pd?

3.
Is there a "human" way to draw with 3d perspective in mind or do I need
to read the h** lot on vectors and stuff, and rescale the whole
multiverse? Any links would be more valuable then truth and will be
taken with a gentle hand of thank you.

big massive thanks in advance
~/.jc