[PD] [data structures] array within an array, pd draw window scale/background canvas colour...

jamal crawford threen52 at ml1.net
Mon May 25 21:40:01 CEST 2015

hey and thanks for the reply

> ...there is a bug since the very begining of puredata, if you don't
> delete data and modify your structure pd will crash

word!

> also I think this is not a good idea to draw arrays within arrays,
> because bindings doesn't work anymore within arrays

so you mean I will need to defy new struct arguments for every array I
will put in an array? if so, I won't mind that.
so it is indeed possible to put an array within an array, its just me
who is doing it in wrong creation order?

> what about simply putting a canvas instead?
it just won't save  the canvas and anything else beside the drawing (is
there other ways to save the drawing besides [write( message?). i have a
few of them and usually save them, so I can work on them later. and
secondly its way much work to append 50+ arguments, when I can save them
with a click.

> donecanvasdialog message is designed to do this
exactly! :)

> openGL is doing this, maybe you should use Gem for your interface?
not maybe, but absolutently! but i think the copy/paste/delete function
in the drawing window and scalar-editing are quite usefull to me. just
having the window stick on top of all your workspaces and traversing
with vnext is quite appealing. and btw: how would I even draw an array
in Gem? i have absolutely no idea .. :-)