[PD] -midiadddev

Peter P. peterparker at fastmail.com
Mon May 25 23:51:05 CEST 2015

Dear Antoine,

* Antoine Villeret <antoine.villeret at gmail.com> [2015-05-25 17:37]:
> hi,
>
> here is a patch that automatically connects all alsa midi input devices to
> puredata alsamidi input
> and the puredata output to all midi output devices
> it uses zexy's llist2symbol and symbol2list to replace space in device name
> with "_"
>
> it's not exactly what you need but could be a good start
Thank you. I did already looked at it as part of aconnect's
documentation, and am impressed by the Pd-object patchability.

As you say, it is not (yet) exactly what I am looking for, but sure is
interesting as well. Thanks for pointing me towards it.

In case someone started following this thread by now only, let me sum up:

I am still looking for a way how to have Pd connect to alsa midi devices
by their name, and without possible confusion with other Pd instances on
the same machine. This is on Linux.

best, P