[PD] tabread4~ interpolation at slooow playback?

Peter P. peterparker at fastmail.com
Sat May 30 19:37:45 CEST 2015

Dear list,

this has been discussed already, but I would need a best-practice
advice.
I am trying to play back a 44.1kHz sound file with tabread4~ at very
slow speed. I do get interpolation noise in the higher audible range of
course. Now I tried to resamples the sound file to 96kHz, place it in an
oversampled sub-patch and applied the 15kHz anti-alias filter from the
J07.oversampling.pd example before its outlet~.

I am aware that interpolation noise and aliasing are different things,
but I was under the impression that a higher samplerate would help
tabread4~ to do better interpolation?

I also had a look at tabread4c~ from the nusmuk externals, but it
produced very similar artifacts.

Is there any way how to reduce the interpolation noise? Could I use a
low-pass filter whose cutoff frequency I could adapt wrt. playback
speed?

Thank you for all ideas, this is really appreciated!