[PD] Fwd: Patch acting weird with Pd 0.46.6

Pierre Massat pimassat at gmail.com
Wed Jun 3 15:52:04 CEST 2015

Hi IOhannes,

I modified my patch accordingly (see attachement), but this doesn't make
any difference. It is still behaving as described in my first message.
If I remember correctly Miller doesn't use a trigger after a counter in the
help files and examples (using a [f ] and a [+1] side by side). The same
outlet (from f) is connected to the inlet of the [+ 1] and to the object
receiving the counter's value. I agree with you that the use of a trigger
would be the proper way of doing it, but if it were plain wrong not to use
one I suppose that Miller wouldn't do it this way (for instance in the
control example, 05.counter.pd).

I understand the use of triggers very well I think, and I use them
practically everywhere. But here the problem seems beyond my understanding
of execution order.

Have you (has anyone) tried my patch ? I have tried in 0.46.6 on both Linux
and Win 7 and I get the same baffling results.

Pierre.