[PD] Patch acting weird with Pd 0.46.6

IOhannes m zmölnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Wed Jun 3 23:03:27 CEST 2015

On 06/03/2015 09:40 PM, Pierre Massat wrote:
> Thank you both very much for the explanations. So if I got it right, the
> loop in itself was behaving as expected, but what was being printed in the
> console was not reflecting that. Instead print behaved like a list prepend.
> That's good to know, I candidly thought that print objects were printing
> out stuff in real time irrespective of what was going on in the rest of the
> patch.

no.
everything was behaving as expected, and [print] was printing in "real
time" (whatever that means).

but time in Pd is a fickle thing, and while things can happen in
zero-time they also happen one after the other.
[print] immediately prints any data it receives, but your patch was made
in a way that would send the "last" message to [print] before it would
send the "first" message. hence the reversion.

to re-iterate: [trigger] would have made this more obvious.

gfmsd
IOhannes