[PD] Patch acting weird with Pd 0.46.6

Chris McCormick chris at mccormick.cx
Thu Jun 4 08:11:57 CEST 2015

On 04/06/15 06:03, Jonathan Wilkes via Pd-list wrote:
> (And fanouts are more obvious than [trigger] objects wired in the
wrong order, and especially where recursion is involved.)

I am confused by this assertion. Can you explain like I am five?

Probably my failing but I am unable to imagine a situation in which
"fanouts are more obvious than [trigger]" and I don't understand the
qualifier "especially where recursion is involved". How do you define
"obvious" as used here?

Last night I spent several hours tracking down a bug that turned out to
be because I had used a fan-out instead of a trigger. I am not 100% sure
if this backs up your point or refutes it but either way it sucked. :)

I think I will continue to try and make myself use trigger objects
instead of fan-outs to avoid that type of bug again.

Cheers,

Chris.

--
http://mccormick.cx/