[PD] installing pd & libs on debian / OlinuXino board (wa: solimex board)

Raphaël Ilias phae.ilias at gmail.com
Thu Jun 4 17:35:11 CEST 2015

> now I'm trying to install pd on two other boards I have with same
> distribution.
> i manage to install pd, but ALSA doesn't show in the menu. Only OSS and
> portaudio. And OSS can't see any audio device.
> Aarrgh !

still can't figure how to get ALSA while building pd (0.46-6 from Miller's
website) on debian
tried :
$ apt-get install libasound-dev
$ ./configure --enable-alsa

apart from that, I follow the procedure in the archive directory
$ ./autogen
$ ./ configure  (or with --enable-alsa)
$ make
$ sudo make install

don't what to try next...
(that's silly, it worked fine on the first board. must have typed a magic
shell command)

if anyone has a suggestion... ?

(i feel like doing my first steps outside pd-extended, even if I have been
using pd for 10 years... some us might prefer ready-to-use
environnements... but if it's the price of opensource/community developped
software, I want to try to learn...)

nice day,

Raphaël