[PD] installing pd & libs on debian / OlinuXino board (wa: solimex board)

Raphaël Ilias phae.ilias at gmail.com
Thu Jun 4 19:12:33 CEST 2015

> now I'm trying to install pd on two other boards I have with same
>> distribution.
>> i manage to install pd, but ALSA doesn't show in the menu. Only OSS and
>> portaudio. And OSS can't see any audio device.
>> Aarrgh !

i'm answering to myself ;)
found a working solution in this thread :
http://lists.puredata.info/pipermail/pd-list/2015-01/109000.html
so i made
$ apt-get build-dep puredata

and then
$ ./configure --enable-alsa
$ make
$ sudo make install

...and now it works, I have ALSA in the media menu just like it did with
pd-extended. And audio works pretty well !
(as I said earlier, i got audio processing stuck sometimes and the gui was
way slower with pd-extended)

still don't know why, but seems like my distribution was missing something
that I might have installed by chance on the first board.
will try on the third board to be sure that "build-dep" was the missing step

hope i'm not spamming the list for nothing and that it might help someone
one day :)

cheers,

Raphaël