[PD] Update cyclone maintenance

Fred Jan Kraan fjkraan at xs4all.nl
Fri Jun 5 22:37:48 CEST 2015

Hi Alexandre,

On 2015-06-05 09:21 PM, Alexandre Torres Porres wrote:
>> The concept of hot and cold inlets appears
>> to apply to messages, not signals
>
> Surely, it's not that what confused me. Actually Max did confuse me I
> guess, I thought I found a different behavior in [sah~] over there. But
> I actually hadn't understood how it worked. Sorry... it all makes sense
> now and [sah~] is indeed working in the same way!
>
> Anyway, like I asked before, I can't find that list of bugs you were
> working on, where is it?

The list and the object states is here:
http://fjkraan.home.xs4all.nl/digaud/puredata/cyclone/cycloneToDo.html.

> Did you see what I mentioned about [cycle~]?

No, but I will try to dig up your post about it.

> Now, since the maintenance of Extended seems to be dead, I guess the
> point of updating cyclone is to make it available for download. I've
> always had the idea it was available for download somewhere, but it
> isn't. There's the download version from the package that was out in
> 0.42 extended in puredata.info <http://puredata.info> and that's it.
>
> So, where's that page with the bug list that you were working on? I'd
> like to check it out.
>
> And when do you think we could have it for download in the puredata.info
> <http://puredata.info> site (or somewhere else as well)?
>
> Can I get the package as it is now and test it?

For now, you can find a zip of the cyclone directory here:
http://fjkraan.home.xs4all.nl/digaud/puredata/cyclone/index.html. Being
just zips, it is not very convenient. But a better solution for
distributing externals is in the works.

> thanks

Greetings,

Fred Jan